On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 08:17:13 -0700, Nick Arnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Did you realize that Tim Lahaye, one of the Left Behind authors, is and
> has long been a very politically active person.... and helped put Bush
> in office?  Many consider him the primary organizer behind the extreme
> politics of Falwell, etc.  He was doing that long before the books.
>
> The White House won't say if Bush has read the books.

Given that, from what I've heard, Bush doesn't tend to read, period, I
think it somewhat unlikely that he's read those particular books.

A few years ago, I visited my parents-in-law, who attend a
Pentecostal-type church.  Before the service, someone came up to my
mother-in-law and was going on about the first book, and how everyone
should read it.  The way she talked about it creeped me out a bit.

I have since received the first two books as gifts (from someone else)
and have not read either yet.  They're pretty far down on my list.
Maybe in 2007 or 2008, I might get to the first one....