--- Doug Pensinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well how stupid is that?  Why in the hell would they
> bias their polls in
> such a way as to make them useless?  Do they only
> take regular polls in
> higher-population districts?  That makes no sense at
> all to me.
>
> --
> Doug

Not very, actually.  They use turnout models to try to
predict these things and weight them according to
district.  There are _tens of thousands_ of districts
all across the country.  The resources necessary to
poll all of them would boggle the mind.  If you have a
new turnout dynamic - which is exactly what we had in
this election - it's not exactly surprising that the
exit polls would miss it.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]