Stefan J sent this:
"November 10, 2004

A Political Wire reader tries to pull the country together after a
hard-fought election:

A Unity Poem (From: http://politicalwire.com/archives/2004/11/10/a_unity_poem.html)

The election is over, the results are now known.
The will of the people has clearly been shown.
We should show by our thoughts, our words and our deeds
That unity is just what our country needs.
Let's all get together. Let bitterness pass.
I'll hug your elephant.
You kiss my a.ss."

It reflects the fact that never in my lifetime have the losers in an election been so angry. In many places, it is a steaming wrath. A truly bilious sensation bordering on hatred. And this on the part of people who were the cheek-turners for a decade of "culture war". HOWEVER you parse your political beliefs, the mere fact that the country is the Divided States of America speaks ill of the leadership of our nation.

---

Also: