I'm picking one point to quickly refer to.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Warren Ockrassa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: More hypocrisy on display than skin

> > Or, to look at more common occurrences, lets consider blended families.
> > Blended families can work, it's just harder.  Literature written by
> > people
> > who advocate the possibility of healthy blended families usually
> > acknowledge that its more work to have a healthy blended family than
> > it is
> > to have a healthy nuclear family....assuming that there are people of
> > good
> > will are involved in both.  Extended families are different, of course.
>
> Again, cite the literature. Are these studies done only in nations that
> assume monogamous couples? How much social bias it at play when we talk
> about how hard/easy it is for a blended family to maintain a good
> stable environment?

Almost none.  I'll give a quick cite here, but what I am talking about is
the marriage and family counseling equivalent of Newton's Laws.  Its not a
Christian perspective, its not a conservative perspective, its a fairly
universal perspective.  One site that came up quickly is:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/blended_families_stepfamilies.htm

The types of stuff they talk about here seem fairly obvious to me.  Let me
quote one statement which fits my point:

<quote>
Because stepfamilies are so complicated, it takes a long time, often 4-7
years or longer, for people to get to know each other, to create positive
relationships, and to develop a family history.
<end quote>

That sounds very reasonable to me.  And its the second site I found.  The
first one for kids, and contained a scaled down version of what I'm talking
about.

Look at the issues that are involved in having a successful blended family.
They don't seem to be issues that relate to social prejudice against
children of blended families.

Dan M.