On Nov 23, 2004, at 11:22 PM, Dan Minette wrote:

I'm picking one point to quickly refer to.

Again, cite the literature. Are these studies done only in nations that
assume monogamous couples? How much social bias it at play when we talk
about how hard/easy it is for a blended family to maintain a good
stable environment?

Almost none. I'll give a quick cite here, but what I am talking about is
the marriage and family counseling equivalent of Newton's Laws. Its not a
Christian perspective, its not a conservative perspective, its a fairly
universal perspective. One site that came up quickly is:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/blended_families_stepfamilies.htm

Okay, this is clearly my mistake. I was thinking of a multiple-adult family setting, not stepfamilies.

Of course stepfamilies are going to be harder to keep stable and reasonably secure than an undisrupted family. I'm not thinking of that, though, nor am I thinking of hippy communes. I believe what I'm referring to is called "polyamory" but I'm specifically thinking of multiple parental figures (more than two) living in the same household.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf