On 28 Nov 2004, at 10:51 pm, Richard Baker wrote:

Gautam said:

Actually, Timothy Noah from Slate, who absolutely
hates George Bush, when asked to find one thing that
he thought good about Bush named Bush's consistent
expressions of tolerance towards atheism.  See:
http://www.slate.com/id/2109228

That's interesting, but also the wrong Bush. I was thinking about the reports that at a press conference while campainging for the Presidency, Bush Sr said: "I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots."

"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."

President George Bush, to Robert Sherman of American Atheist Press, at the Chicago airport while announcing federal disaster relief for Illinois.

Quoted in plenty places.

But he also apparently said

"I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them. "

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, President, Chairman and Founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977