John wrote....
> giving a dumb answer, we predictably see the dread-invoking
> post of "so it begins" and
> talk about "payback."    Somehow, I don't think we'd be
> seeing the same
> posts on Brin-L and articles in the MSM about "payback" to
> Big Labor and animal rights activists following a Democrat win.

John, I respectfully submit to you, that perhaps you read way, way too much
into my comment of "So It begins". Or maybe not.

Perhaps I am misreading what you are saying, but just for the record, the
term "Payback" was part of the actual title of the article by ABCnews.com. I
personally expected this type of response from the religious community, I
was just a little surprised that it began so soon after the election.

> Again, the only conclusion I can draw from using loaded
> language like "so it begins" is that religious conservatives
> either shouldn't be allowed to participate in the political
> process, or that if they are, they shouldn't ever be allowed
> to actually *win* and maybe enact some portions of their

In my humble opinion, after reading some of the things that James Kennedy
has said and written, I would hardly label him as "religious conservative",
I think that he crosses the line well into the territory of being labeled as
a "religious fanatic". Frankly, I think that he is right up there with the
Taliban in the area of intolerance and oppression.  But again, that is
strictly my person opinion.

As for the question of should religious conservatives be allowed to
participate in the political process, well, yes and no.  Should they be
allowed to participate: yes. Should they be allowed to influence the
administration to follow a religious agenda, NO.  The Bush administration
has dangerously blurred the line separating church and state, and I think
that separation will get more and more blurry in the next four years, and
that scares me. Bush has already proven that he can't (or won't) take a
moderate position on issues influenced by religion.

Again just my humble opinions.

Gary