On Dec 2, 2004, at 8:16 PM, JDG wrote:

No... but I am also saying that the minority has no right to expect that
their policies should remain in effect, and that the policies of
participants in the majority coalition should not be effected.

But the minority, which is nominal, does have the right to expect civil liberties to be retained, and for temperance to rule the day. After all, the nominal majority does claim to be conservative.

That
process is not "payback" and it is not "the Coming of Shadows", it is the
natural outcome of the electoral process we just conducted.

As was stated quite clearly earlier, the "payback" reference is what fundamentalist religious kooks are expecting. THEY are expecting to be paid back for throwing to Bush. This was stated in the original news article.

No one has said there's a "Coming of Shadows" except you.

Using others' words to undermine their position is an effective rhetorical method, but you have to take care to actually use their words.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf