> want readers to be able to offer *used* eBooks for
> sale, which would
> sell for something less than their original price,
> some of which would
> then apply those
> credits toward *more* book purchases.

The rest I can't comment on, but this above perked my
interest. How, exactly, do you define a *used* e-book?
I don't use or like e-books much (except for some OOP
gaming products) but usually the definition of a used
book, say, is one that has been purchased by a private
owner and has been "used" (or assumed to have been
used). Usually this has a physical effect...cover
worn, pages yellowed or dog-eared, spine cracked.
However, a computer file should have no wear
whatsoever, for all practical purposes. A copy of an
e-book downloaded by me, FREX, should look identical
to a new one or the original still on file. So why
even bother buying an all new copy to begin with, when
you pal Joe has a copy on his reader he'll sell you
for a couple bucks?

Also, how would you police this? What's to stop me
from downloading a book and selling it to my friends
(besides normal copyright laws, which are not always
obeyed anyway). SOme sort of file lock? This is an
honest question.

To threadjack a little, as I mentioned I D-L some OOP
gaming products. I want to print these out and rebind
into a hardback format. Anyone know if a place like
Kinko's or Staples do something like this? I want
something that I can put on my bookshelf, so spiral
bound or in a notebook are out. Cost is definitely a
concern, since if its too expensive, I could just buy
it off of ebay and get an original...

Damon.

=====
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: Revell Germany's M60A3