* Dan Minette ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> But, I think they are doing funny math.  Let me do a back of the envelope:

No, you are calculating a different quantity. As I said in my post, the
figures are "lifetime net tax rate". Basically, the percentage of income
you pay in taxes net of the benefits you receive from the government,
over your lifetime.

Because of the way SS provides spousal benefits, the non-working spouse
will get a very large benefit for not working, and only a slightly
higher benefit for working.

If you need more detail, let me know and I'll type something up this
weekend.