Here's a snippet of the president answering questions on Social Security
(from http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/02/20050204-13.html):

THE PRESIDENT: Because the -- all which is on the table
    begins to address the big cost drivers. For example, how
    benefits are calculate, for example, is on the table;
    whether or not benefits rise based upon wage increases or
    price increases. There's a series of parts of the formula
    that are being considered. And when you couple that, those
    different cost drivers, affecting those -- changing those
    with personal accounts, the idea is to get what has been
    promised more likely to be -- or closer delivered to what
    has been promised.

    Does that make any sense to you? It's kind of muddled. Look,
    there's a series of things that cause the -- like, for
    example, benefits are calculated based upon the increase of
    wages, as opposed to the increase of prices. Some have
    suggested that we calculate -- the benefits will rise based
    upon inflation, as opposed to wage increases. There is a
    reform that would help solve the red if that were put into
    effect. In other words, how fast benefits grow, how fast the
    promised benefits grow, if those -- if that growth is
    affected, it will help on the red.

    Okay, better? I'll keep working on it. (Laughter.)

Q:  How do you like these hard questions?

THE PRESIDENT: You know. You watch my press conferences?
    (Laughter.)
    Please don't encourage him. (Laughter.)