Warren Ockrassa wrote:
On Mar 11, 2005, at 10:01 PM, Julia Thompson wrote:

Hard to go wrong with veggie fried rice. :D

Depends on the veggies. :)

Strewth. My point was more that most veggies didn't start out life with tentacles and blastocysts. (I'm not too much of a squeamish goon; I'll try most things once. Tentacles don't bother me, but I draw the line at shellfish, because when their cousins show up on land, a la order Blattodea, I tend to stomp them flat.)

Well, fish & seafood are on the allergen list for me, so I don't touch any of them anyway.

There was a family story about how my father once ate 2 raw oysters to be polite... something about not wanting to be rude to the parents of the woman he wanted to marry on their first meeting.

I have food allergies, that's part of my pickiness. The rest is, well, just pickiness.

The pickiness is an entitlement. The food allergy thing is a bit more dire. My stepfather's got a severe gluten allergy, and has to be painfully careful about restaurants. It's that or anaphylaxis.

I'm not that bad on anything, fortunately. A severe gluten allergy is not good, given the prevalence of gluten everywhere.

Besides, I've been rather partial to meat (at least the meat I can eat) for the past couple of years....

The glib part of me wants to make a comment about unbeatable meat, but it's just not quite jelling. Oh well. I guess fortune's smiling on many this night.

I would be amused, so my loss....

Does the restaurant have a buffet?

I don't believe so. I'm a little wary of buffets, sometimes I have no clue as to what's in something, and if it could be pork or chicken, the answer is vitally important to my intestines.

        Julia