At 04:45 PM Friday 3/18/2005, Deborah Harrell wrote:
> Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > From: "Deborah Harrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > But I think it's *appalling* that teenagers are
> given
> > breast implants as 'graduation presents' <snip>

> I think I know of an exception.  My daughter's
> friend is highly asymmetric
> because of birth defects.  Among other things, she
> was born without an
> esophagus.  The problem in question is that one
> breast developed normally,
> and one not at all.  Her mother paid for one implant
> when she graduated. <snip>

As Julia wrote, that is an exception (to my mind) as a
birth defect was involved (similar to my friend whose
medical condition did not allow her to develop at all
in that regard).

Julia also wrote: "I think that it's a good idea to
put off any sort of body-altering surgery until at
least a few years after high school, if it's purely
for cosmetic reasons."

I agree.

Debbi
who dislikes that word intensely  :P