William T Goodall wrote:
>It's interesting that Lost and Battlestar Galactica are also up for
>Hugo Awards this year as well as being on most critics' best new
>show lists. And Veronica Mars is the show on the most 'best'
>lists with the fewest viewers...

Battlestar Galactica is real science fiction, so I can understand why the
Hugo voters might like it. That show doesn't have any of the silly camp that
the original seemed to love indulging in, but has a more realistic (even
bleak) outlook instead. Lost is more of a character driven show with fantasy
elements, so while I enjoy it, I wouldn't give it a Hugo. As for Veronica
Mars, does that show air on a smaller network? It doesn't seem to have made
it up to Canada.

Kevin Street