Damon Agretto wrote:

On the Pope's death; I have always wondered how, if he is the true successor to Christ, he does not end up being resurrected bodily, as the Bible says His followers will do greater works than He (Jesus), and "By their fruits ye shall know them". Seems to me that if he is not healed or raised from the dead, this Roman cult cannot really claim to be the true successors to Christ.

He's not the successor of Christ. He's the successor of John, in whom Christ gave his "authority" to create a church.

Damon.

You mean Peter right?

And nevertheless the giving of authority is unclear, and whether Peter passed all of that authority along, and whether there
was actually a line of succession of position from then to now (and presumably also of authority) is extremely dodgy. Look up the putative first few popes if you are curious.

~Maru