At 06:17 PM Friday 4/8/2005, Dave Land wrote:
On Apr 8, 2005, at 3:01 PM, Dan Minette, voice of reason, wrote:

The main point that Gautam seems to be arguing is that whether or not to
go to war in Iraq was a point that reasonable moral people can differ
on. Words like "unjustifiable" tend to indicate that such a stand is
impossible for a reasonable moral person to have taken.

I wonder if we couldn't have more effective discussions here if we said things like "I couldn't find a compelling justification the invasion" instead of "the invasion was unjustified."

The former asserts one's own observation, not subject to contradiction
(ha!), while the other asserts an opinion as though it were truth,
subject to lengthy and quarrelsome debates.

I think I was attempting to make a similar point.

--Ronn! :)