At 02:09 AM Sunday 4/10/2005, Doug Pensinger wrote:
JDG wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure that I detect the insult here.

...he says, batting his eyelashes in an expression of feigned innocence.

And if he did so after open-mindedly considering all sides of the issue,
would you still consider him to be closed-minded on the subject for issuing a final decision?

I would say he gave the appearance of closing his mind on the subject by making a final decision, but that not knowing much about church politics I'm open to the possibility that I'm mistaken. How open minded was he on other issues such as birth control, celibacy and gay marriage?

In my opinion, if one _favors_ tradition over change (or vice-versa), then one is inherently closed minded to some extent.

OTOH, one could also say that if someone has no preference whatsoever on an issue, the issue must be of no importance at all to that person, as it's part of being human to have opinions on topics which are of interest to one.

--Ronn! :)