----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Arnett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: The Other Christianity (was Re: Babble theory, and comments)

> On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 09:28:20 -0500, Dan Minette wrote
>
> > I hope you would accept the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists as a
reasonable
> > Source:
> >
> > http://www.iraqwatch.org/perspectives/bas-iraq-rules-nuke-8-91.htm
>
> You want me to accept a report from 1991 to tell me if Iraq was actively
> building nuclear weapons in 2003?

No.

>Are you kidding?

Ah, missed communications.  JDG was talking about the program in 1991.

<quote>
Just imagine how history might have been different if Saddam Hussein had
simply waited two or three more years or so, and asserted his claim to
Kuwait *after* acquiring nuclear weapons - and then began to talk about
securing the Muslim Holy Land as leader of the Arab people.....

<end quote>

He asserted his claim in '91. JDG's point was not that Hussein had an
active nuclear program in 2003, but that he had one in 1991, when he
claimed Kuwait.  If he had finished a couple of bombs first, and then
invaded Kuwait, things would have been different.  In a sense, we were
lucky.

Dan M.