Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
At 09:23 PM Tuesday 4/19/2005, Julia Thompson wrote:

Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

At 07:00 PM Tuesday 4/19/2005, Julia Thompson wrote:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

> 1,000,000! has 5,565,709 digits, 249,988 of which are trailing zeroes . . .

OK, then, how many digits does 5,565,709! have? (1,391,423 are trailing
zeroes, I can tell you that much....)

Since 1,000,000! ran overnight (and had the CPU going at about 50% capacity all that time), I think exploration of anything larger will have to wait until the next time I go out of town, unless someone wants to offer us time on a supercomputer or you want to set up the Brin-L distributed computing network . . .

If you can get me a program to run it,

<<http://store.wolfram.com/catalog/>>

I'm drooling. And of course you *would* have to put this up in the week leading up to the science fiction convention we drop the most money at every year.... <head bang on keyboard>

That costs a lot more than all the components of my expensive big dream project. (Which is a lot more affordable than I thought, now that I check out pricing on *that*....)

I could do it here.... Not sure how long it would take, but it would get done, anyway.

Less time than it will be before I can afford to upgrade to the latest version, no doubt . . .

Probably. :)

        Julia