On Apr 26, 2005, at 10:05 AM, Jean-Marc Chaton wrote:

* Gautam Mukunda [Thu, 21/04/2005 at 08:27 -0700]
The amazing thing about this article is how _blatant_
it is.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1559253,00.html

I would say I'm disgusted of Chirac if I weren't allready on the verge of
sickness for so long. Typical of the janus-like Chirac the-weather-vane,
trying to satisfy buddies in heavy industry and arm industry. Well, what
can I say, if it isn't already obvious, "normal" people here with a brain
and a heart are similarly disgusted.

I can think of a recent event involving a nation we all know but which will remain anonymous, wherein the "leadership" decided to do something that a significant minority felt was morally or ethically repugnant despite any objections that were raised. As events unfolded it became increasingly clear that the minority were much more right than anyone wanted to believe. Intemperance, however, carried the day, and continues to do so in that nation.

It seems to me that no one in that nation has the right to be casting any stones at another, and that many from that nation will understand your sense of sickened horror at what is perpetrated on your behalf by people whom you do not support.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf