Gautam Mukunda wrote:
>  I think
> Iraq was a threat to the security of the United
> States.  So does John.  All your certainty otherwise
> doesn't make you right, it just means that you're
> unable to understand other people's points of view.

After the years of discussion of this subject on the list, I still do
not have a handle on how Iraq was a credible threat to the US.

If Afghanistan was only an indirect threat (and only due to their
harboring of known terrorists), how was Iraq a direct and imminent
threat to the security of the US?

North Korea is a direct threat since they have nukes and a delivery
system that can reach, at the least, Alaska. But this is not the prime
focus of our foreign policy, it is a secondary focus. (Iraq is the
prime focus and it is where we direct most of our energy.)

We have pretty much taken focus off the hunt for actual terrorists.
This really pisses me off. Osama Bin Laden runs free and taunts us
occasionally, and while it appears that Al Quaeda plans have been
greatly balked, Osama runs free and is not killed in battle or
suffering the humiliation of a truely fair and just trial.

TIA for any responses to my questions and comments.

xponent
It Matters Maru
rob