On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:57:07 -0400, JDG wrote

> What is true is that in any event, the US did not impose multilateral
> sanctions on Iraq.

In light of we have actually have done, can there be any doubt that we could
have and would have imposed *unilateral* sanctions?

Are you saying that despite the fact that we were willing to go to war
regardless of international support, we might *not* have been willing to
impose sanctions any more?  We'll bomb your cities, invade your country,
occupy and run it... but we won't impose sanctions?  Why not?

Nick