BTW, a prediction I have not checked out is that there would have been far fewer wars than average in Europe in the decades following the Black Death.

Somehow I doubt that. The Late Middle Ages was in part typified by the frequency, and the new brutality of war. In Western Europe alone we still had the 100 Years War, which reached its bloody climax in the 15th C, not to mention the War of the Roses, Burgundy vs. Switzerland, etc. I'd be interested in seeing this research, but one thing you would have to account for is the changing nature and attitude towards war that developed in the Late MA.

Damon.

Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: Italeri's M8 Greyhound