On 1 May 2005, at 8:31 am, Warren Ockrassa wrote:

I commented before that I think atheists can be divided into two broad categories: Those who are angry at their god and so say they don't believe as an act of defiance; and those who really just can't believe. It seems to me that the angrier an atheist gets at the suggestion there might be a god, the more likely that atheist is to be in the first category. It seems to me that, if one is angered at the suggestion a god does exist, one should seek to understand why.

The reverse is true of course -- if a believer becomes enraged at the suggestion a god doesn't exist, the question "why" is very pertinent.

I've never been religious. I get annoyed about people trying to spread religious ideas because they are nonsense and nonsense annoys me. People capable of believing in gods are capable of believing any crazy nonsense and that makes them potentially dangerous to me.

Sometimes, it seems to me, anger is really a masking emotion for fear.

I do like to sit with my back against a wall and a good view of what's going on when I'm in public places in case some religious nutcase is going about with a knife or gun.

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A bad thing done for a good cause is still a bad thing. It's why so few people slap their political opponents. That, and because slapping looks so silly." - Randy Cohen.