On May 5, 2005, at 7:23 PM, Dave Land wrote:

Also, it apparently matters to you that there is no God, or you wouldn't
continue spamming the list with your refutations.

You know, atheists getting pissed off about others' faith seems classically sysiphian. There are about 220 million of us opposed to the rest of the world. Like it or not we live in a world of faith; the best approach is probably not to get angry about that. It's a little like being furious at gravity for existing.

And it really is insupportably arrogant to presume that the simple fact of atheism is sufficient to suggest a given individual is clear-minded, thinking rationally or proof against crackpottery. Unfortunately another hallmark of arrogance is being unable to concede being wrong, so I don't expect anyone who disagrees with that statement to suddenly change tune.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf