On 6/15/05, Warren Ockrassa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Apropos of nothing specific, I read in DW a couple weeks back that
> Germany is in the process of dismantling its nuke reactors and
> returning to fossil fuels for power.
>
> ¿Que?
>
> Wind farms often get voted down in the US, mostly because no one wants
> to live near one. Folks seem to think they're ugly. And lately there's
> been advertising done *here* as well, trying to boost the image of
> coal. The suggestion is that coal miners are all hardbodied men and
> women in their early to mid twenties, who spend most of their time in
> the mines standing upright and striking alluring poses. Can a
> coal-powered SUV be far behind?
>
> What the hell is *wrong* with people?

I like wind farms as long as I don't live within a mile of one.  That
seems to be no problem here in Texas or most areas in the US.

The UK and Europe are leaving us far behind in applying this technology.

Wind farms are not a panacea - there are strong doubts that it can
supply more than 15% of a nation's energy needs in the next few
decades.

--
Gary Denton
Easter Lemming Blogs