On Jul 2, 2005, at 6:55 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I want the Tytlal to do the Monty Python sketch that explains the humor of
cream pies.

But I don't remember which tape (if many) it is.

TTBOMK there isn't one. That is, if you want to have cream pies demonstrated as funny, you won't find a Python routine that uses cream pies, either en phiz or in any other venue. I don't think in their decades-long run that the Pythons have ever used cream pies. (Though I could be wrong! π in the face that would be, indeed!)

Consider instead either the Fish-Slap Dance or the Cheese Shop Sketch. (The former had Eric Idle [or possibly Terry Jones] dancing up to John Cleese, slapping him in the face with tiny fishes, and then dancing back, up, slap, back, repeat, all by a canal -- and then Cleese taking out a whopping huge fish and punting Idle into the canal with it. Took about ten seconds of film, and was hilarious. The Cheese Shop sketch was funny at least in part because of the way many many types of cheese were enumerated in the sketch.)

Extra points for the Dead Parrot sketch and/or the Silly Walk sketch. Maybe, in fact, a juxtaposition would work to your ends -- one type of sketch that uses physical humor versus another that uses puns, wry asides, etc., performed by the same people. "Why is it that when these people perform wordless violence it is funny … and yet, when the same people speak and nothing violent happens, it is funny…?"

--
Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
http://books.nightwares.com/