Gautam wrote:

 She is,
however, a really nice person, and in her honor I will
root for the Rangers...except the Angels are just a
little too far ahead.  I am suspicious, however, of
any team that plays Erstad at 1B.

Socia's old school, and the A's are a second half team. And if you rely on ESPN (TV or web) or the local media for your news, you don't know just how good the A's might be. Our young staff has been very impressive over the last month+, our relief core is much improved and our defense is outstanding (except Jason Kendal couldn't throw _me_ out.) If these kids can keep improving at the plate and Chavez has his typical hot second half (he's raised his average nearly 70 points since late May) we will certianly be in the wild card race, and we may challenge the Angels for the division.

Do you really think 5 games (Rangers) or even 7.5 (A's) games behind is too much to overcome in seventy some odd games?

I'm routing for Miggy and the Orioles by the way. Hey, maybe Sammy's just still in withdrawall and he'll be OK in a bit. 8^)

What pitcher did is your friend marrying?

--
Doug