WARNING! - MAJOR SPOILER FOLLOWS for Stargate Atlantis.....

.
.
.

> We are way behind the US on Atlantis, so forgive me if this
> sounds stupid, but are the Atlantis team in contact with SGC
> on a regular basis?
> I don't recall anyone getting direction from the SGC for any
> actions in Atlantis.
> Cheers
> Russell C.

In the first episode of the second season of Stargate Atlantis, one of the
ships that the Asgard helped Earth build, uses a ZPM (Zero Point Module)
recovered from a time travel episode of Stargate SG-1, to rescue the
Atlantis crew from the attacking Wraith.

In a crossover, Daniel Jackson was supposed to be on this ship, to study
Atlantis, until Vala put  the bracelet on him on SG-1.

They haven't said so yet, but they will probably use the ZPM to power the
Stargate for trips back to Earth.

>From the episode guide on scifi.com, it looks like this ship is going to
stick around, at least for a few episodes.