> Lexa Doig?  Interesting.  I didn't notice her, nor her credit
> on the last episode, but shall look forward to seeing how she
> fits into that role.

She was listed in this episode on the IMDB, but I watched it again and
didn't see her. However, a Google search produced this bit of information
and trivia:

Lexa Doig has been cast in a recurring role as Stargate Command's new
medical officer.

Lexa Doig is best known for her role on Andromeda as the artificial
intelligence of the starship Andromeda Ascendant. Her role in the most
recent season has been dramatically reduced as she took time off to have a
baby.

Doig is actually married to Michael Shanks who plays Dr. Daniel Jackson on
Stargate SG-1. Shanks and Doig originally met when Shanks guest starred on
an episode of Andromeda.

Lexa has been cast in a recurring role for the ninth season of Stargate SG-1
as Stargate Command's new medical officer and daughter of General Hank
Landry (played by Beau Bridges). Dr Carolyn is the first character to
regularly fulfill the role of medical officer since Dr. Janet Fraiser died
in Season 7.

Season Nine may have a radically different feel to it with Lexa Doig and
Beau Bridges also joined by Ben Browder, Lou Gossett Jr. and Claudia Black
to back up the returning cast members Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks and
Christopher Judge.