William wrote:

Eradicating religion isn't an easy project, but it is easier than changing human nature or one of the other hard to eradicate causes of evil.

I would argue that a need to explain the unexplainable _is_ human nature and that religion provides those explanations. The more we are able to understand our universe, the less we will need the imaginary explanations provided by religion. Indeed, outside of the U.S. and less developed nations, the need for religion seems to be waning.

The degree to which the people of U.S. cling to religion baffles me.

--
Doug