On 22 Aug 2005, at 1:35 am, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

--- Alberto Monteiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Today's biggest br newspaper has a huge story about
the
return of Creationism to USA classes. It has the
general
flavour of "look how those USAns are stupid to
believe
this nonsense".

Alberto Monteiro

Now, the interesting question for me is, why does this
essentially only happen in the United States?  The US
is the most religious industrial nation, so I have to
ask - do Christian Third World nations even teach
about evolutionary theory?  Do they have debates over
whether it is taught?  Why _just_ here?  I honestly
have no idea, and would be very curious as to anyone
else's thoughts on the subject.

I thought that although fundamentalism was on the rise in third world Christian countries they were still mostly Catholic and Anglican which accept evolution. The USA is unusual for being abnormally fundamentalist as well as abnormally religious.

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you listen to a UNIX shell, can you hear the C?