--- Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When threads collide...
>
> It occurred to me that the answer to the original
> question in the
> "Gas Prices" thread was "looting," just being
> engaged in by
> corporations, and not individuals.
>
> I think that whatever punishment is meted out to
> individuals caught
> looting stores ought to be brought to bear upon
> corporations who
> engage in looting in the form of hyper-inflated gas
> prices.
>
> Dave

Because obeying the law and maintaining property
rights is the same thing as stealing things at gun
point.  And clearly it's a good idea to make sure that
there is no incentive whatsoever for corporations to
prevent shortages and create stockpiles.  It's always
reassuring to know that no matter how brutally bad the
mistakes we made in the past were (see price controls
on gasoline in the 1970s)...there are people who want
to do it all over again.

Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"