On Sep 2, 2005, at 4:02 PM, Robert Seeberger wrote:

I remember how this list reacted after 911. The reaction is in no way
the same this time. It is like most of us have built up a callous over
our feelings and are evading discussion of the worst disaster any of
us have ever seen in this country.

Maybe we did. Maybe we are. Maybe that's because the last 4 years have shown America one bad thing after another, mostly about itself. Such as stupid pointless wars. When you're powerless to see a nation waste its own youth in something foolish, maybe the tendency becomes ingrained to toss up one's hands in disgust and try to cope with complete impotence.

We've been in training for a while now.

--
Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
http://books.nightwares.com/