On Sep 10, 2005, at 11:09 AM, Gary Nunn wrote:

Anyway, this is an MSNBC video, and is clearly authentic, showing looting in a Wal-Mart - and showing police officers looting right along with the rest
of the looters.

The only place I saw it before your post was on some lefty blogs...

I especially "like" the way the cop vaguely threatens the
reporter while she completely ignores another cop with a
SHOPPING CART right behind her:

    SAVIDGE:  Hi.  What are you doing here?
        COP:  I'm doing my job.
    SAVIDGE:  Taking shoes?
        COP:  No, I'm looking for looters.
    SAVIDGE:  Looking for looters? (LONG PAUSE)
              And what do you do when you find them?
              Because I think I see them.
        COP:  (INAUDIBLE), that's all I can do with them right now.
    SAVIDGE:  They're all around us, though.
        COP:  That's what I see.  Including you.
              What are you doing here?
    SAVIDGE:  I haven't taken anything, ma'am.
        COP:  But you're in the store.

The interesting thing is, I looked and searched, on the MSNBC site, and couldn't find this video. There are quite a few videos there, so maybe I
simply didn't find it, or perhaps it was intentionally removed?

A transcript of the 8/31 "Countdown" show, including the clip, is on
the MSNBC site at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9160158/ -- Search for
the string "(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)". (That's where I got the text above.)

   Conscientia non oboedientia honor est.
     Honor is conscience, not obedience.

When the law is unjust, obedience is injustice.

Dave