Robert G. Seeberger wrote:
The town of Nassau Bay, where I live, has declared a voluntary evacuation. And warn that tomorrow at 6PM they may call for a mandatory evacuation.

xponent
Way Over 800 Miles Away Maru
rob

Dang. Do you have an evacuation destination? I'd offer to put you up, but I've already made offers to 2 other families and I'd need to make sure they weren't ALL going to show up. (If they did, that would be 11, and I'm not sure how to really handle sleeping more than 10 of them off the top of my head.)

I've heard that various communities have specific cities they're supposed to evacuate to, and that those cities will set up shelters in schools, etc. if necessary. Austin is preparing for short-term sheltering in schools.

        Julia