On Oct 3, 2005, at 5:03 PM, William T Goodall wrote:

On 3 Oct 2005, at 10:31 pm, Dave Land wrote:

On Oct 3, 2005, at 1:22 PM, William T Goodall wrote:

On 3 Oct 2005, at 6:22 pm, Maru Dubshinki wrote:

On 10/3/05, William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The LA Times has picked up on the story...

http://tinyurl.com/7fxny

"The dark side of faith
By ROSA BROOKS
IT'S OFFICIAL: Too much religion may be a dangerous thing.

William, we get it.  Post stories or studies now which don't
demonstrate correlation, but rather *causation*, and we'll be
interested.

The causation is perfectly obvious and exactly what I would expect - the pernicious sick twisted filth of religion causes a breakdown in sanity and morality and an increase in murder, rape and so on.

Sigh.

Please read http://atheism.about.com/b/a/053103.htm

A study of 18 prosperous democracies finds a correlation between religiosity and social dysfunction. Suggest an alternative mechanism to explain the results or I'll go with Occam's Razor.

Perhaps members of dysfunctional societies find solace in religion.

Dave "horse, cart", is not the same as "cart, horse" Land