At 07:40 AM Friday 10/21/2005, Julia Thompson wrote:
Alberto Monteiro wrote:
Japanese researchers on Thursday unveiled the world's fastest electric sedan - an eight-wheeled prototype with a top speed of 370 kilometres (almost 230 miles) per hour. (...)

Ok, but like that old fable about the mice who thought their
problems would be solved by placing a bell in the cat, where
is this electricity coming? Diesel termoelectic plants? :-)

Hey, from an environmental standpoint, is it better to get electricity from an old coal-fired plant to charge an electric car, or use a gasoline-burning car?

I must say the performance of that electric car looks pretty sweet. :) (I'm all about acceleration.)

I want to know where they plan to drive it where such performance could be used.

--Ronn!  :)

"Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance... UNDER GOD. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer and that would be eliminated from schools too?"
   -- Red Skelton