----- Original Message -----
From: "Alberto Monteiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: What Does 'Almost Nothing' Weigh?

> Robert G. Seeberger quoted:
>>
>> "With neutrino mass, the game is to keep lowering the upper limit
>> until you find it," Myers said.
>>
>> Right now, that ceiling is around 2 electron Volts (eV).
>>
> Was it dismissed the hypothesis that neutrinos had an
> "imaginary" mass [i.e., they were tachions]?
>
> then asked:
>
>> I'm having a bit of trouble envisioning how voltage
>> is equivalent to mass.
>>
> It´s not, but energy is. The eV is not a unit of voltage,
> but a unit of energy: it´s the energy that corresponds
> to 1 Volt x the charge of 1 electron.

Ahhh....of course.....there is an equivalency between mass and energy
(E=MCexp2).
Should have considered this myself, but it is difficult with the back
pain and drugs I'm taking today. (That's why I'm home at this odd
hour) Vicodin,Flexaril and lower back pain are not conducive to
clearheaded thinking.<G>

xponent
Not Far From The Couch Maru
rob