On Nov 13, 2005, at 12:42 PM, Doug Pensinger wrote:

Alberto wrote:

I never bought a pirate CD. But if I ever want to buy a CD with some
nasty copy protection, I will consider changing this paradygm.

I'm for a boycott of all things Sony, and for letting the artists whose music I may buy know about my feelings.

I buy CDs exclusively because of the greater freedom they afford (among other things.) I also would consider pirating music if these rights are compromised.

Thankfully, the uproar over the ham-handed way that Sony tried to infect the music world (and the fact that they were sued, and the fact that crackers quickly figured out how to hide under Sony BMG's rootkit's skirts) has led them to suspend production of those discs.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/print.htm? TYPE=story&AT=39222214-2000061733t-10000002c
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T1B82472C
http://tinyurl.com/buxks
http://url123.com/85b7p

A victory for the little guy?
I doubt it very much.
A battle lost, but the war far from over?
Exactly.

Dave