Robert wrote:

  We should all be ashamed in this country. We should be ashamed that
we are so childish and easily manipulated that CURVEBALL's supposed
story and that of all the other shoddy sources and rumor mongers were
so easily "sold" to us by a band of political extremists. Our
gullibility raises the issue of our collective worthiness to be the
sovereigns of the commonweal of whom Jefferson wrote.

I doubt seriously that the Bushwhackers were taken in by this guy. He facilitated their agenda so they used him. Now they can say "Hey, we may have been dumber than dirt, but we didn't lie."

--
Doug