Deborah Harrell wrote:
Gary Denton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Why is allspice not good in cocoa?

<snip>
On 12/9/05, Deborah Harrell wrote:
Not so good: allspice.

I didn't think that the taste enhanced that of cocoa -
not sure why; you might decide differently.  I didn't
like molasses in it either (I was out of sugar, and
desperate for chocolate...won't do *that* again!).

Oh, dear, if I'd thought about it just a minute I could have told you that molasses doesn't work with milk and chocolate....

I'd much sooner try Karo.  (Even then, I shudder.)

(We use molasses for various things, and so have considered what it is good with and what it would probably be atrocious with.)

        Juila