William T Goodall wrote:

On 19 Dec 2005, at 3:45 am, Julia Thompson wrote:

Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

(I did hear from someone who said he has talked to Mujibar several times, and each time he gave a different name . . . )

Maybe Dell hires someone else. :) (Or were any of these occasions for Dell tech support? Maybe I just get lucky.)

I know some (at least) call centres in the UK have a policy of workers using false names since some unfortunate incidents when unhappy customers have tracked call-centre workers to their homes to continue a discussion.

Dan got burned by Dell Laptop tech support (for some reason, that seemed to be the only Dell tech support I heard horror stories about) and started asking for badge numbers at the beginning of tech support calls. So he'd know who to refer to if he had to escalate to a manager.

Absolutely no problems with any of my calls -- but I've never owned a laptop myself.

(And laptop support may have improved since I heard all the horror stories. Gateway, on the other hand, took entirely too long to resolve my friend's problem with her tablet.)

        Julia