Max Battcher wrote:

> Every feature that Microsoft has "given away" for free has been
> things that should be included in an Operating System.  Do you want
> to be *required* to pay a third party to listen to music?  Do you
> want to be *required* to pay a third party to use something as
> integral to the network experience as a web browser?  Do you want to
> be *required* to pay a third party to use something as integral to
> the health of your PC as an anti-virus program?

I agree that any OS should include those things. But Micro$oft is
Evil not for including them, but for _not_ including other basic
things that any decent OS should include, like _any_ programming
language support (C, C++, or even b*sic), any reasonable text
editor, any reasonable command language, etc.

And even the things M$ include are crappy. For example, their
music player does not play .ogg files [which are similar to .mp3,
but without the legalese evilness of .mp3].

> (The only real solution to the "Microsoft Problem" would be to
> institutionalize/nationalize the Operating System.  Some States and
> Countries are already working on this, in fact, at least for
> government work.)

Any country whose rulers aren´t in the payroll of M$ are changing
to Free Software OSes. It´s high treason that governments write
secret documents using a product that is owned by a foreign country.

Alberto Monteiro