Horn, John wrote:
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Land

I know that other 9/11 analyses have been posted to this list, but I came across a one-hour documentary that concludes that "it is more likely than not that the government was actually behind the attacks"

I have not had a chance to look at this video yet but I have looked
a several websites that claim the same thing.  They all seem to
hinge on the same thing: comments made under stress at the time of
the attacks.  Things like firefighters saying "it sounded like a
bomb going off" or something like that.  I have two major problems
with this line of reasoning.  One is that eyewitness accounts
especially under times of extreme stress are notoriously unreliable.
Also, people are always making comparisons like the above.  How many
times have you heard someone say a tornado "sounded like a freight
train".  Does that mean that tornados don't exist and it really
*was* a freight train that destroyed their house...?  Or someone
saying that the aftermath of a hurricane looked like a war zone.
Does that mean that it really wasn't a hurricane but a super-secret
battle that happened during that rain storm?

It's not tornados that don't exist -- freight trains are just carefully harnessed tornadoes, is what it is. :)

(Yes, that's silly.  But that's what occurred to me when I read that.)

So, some firefighters said over the radio that something sounded
like a bomb.  So what?  That's probably what it did sound like.
That doesn't make it a bomb.

And then there's the question, is it a firecracker or a gun? If you hear enough of both, you learn to tell the difference in sound. Or so I've been told by someone who lived on a really bad street in DC for a year.

A bomb is just a particular sort of explosion. If something explodes, there's a decent chance it'll sound like a bomb.

        Julia