On 2/13/06, Jim Sharkey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Fair enough.  Well, I think the Rachel/Kassad timelines diverge and
> converge at times, so that's one-and-half or two, depending on your
> POV.  I'd say Brawne Lamia's timeline could be thought of as
> another, while Het Masteen's could be third.
>
> But that's only thoughts after the fact.  Certainly the pilgrims
> share a common past, and while they seem to have possibly divergent
> futures, I never really thought of their futures as separate
> timelines.  But then, metaphysics has never been my strong suit.  :)
>
> Jim

I never thought of putting it in per-character terms. I always broke
it down into factions- ie. you had the first timeline, in which
TechnoCore and humand warred, which sent back Mnemosyne; you had the
other timeline with the twin UIs, which dispatched one of the shrikes,
and you had a third faction which sent back yet *another* shrike to
fetch Weintraub's daughter (which I suspect to have been the Reaper
faction). At least, three timelines made the most sense to me. I'd be
interested to hear your thinking on it.

~Maru