Damon Agretto wrote:

Agree. It doesn't have to be a Japanese story, but it does have to
have that look and feel. Howl's Moving Castle is anime, Ice Age isn't.

But I do agree that Startide is far more likely to work as an
animated or largely animated feature. (Might work in the Babe style,
mind...)

I don't think the "Ghibli" style would work for SR, IMHO. At least not for me. However, I wouldn't mind the Otomo or Oshii style (Akira and Ghost in the Shell respectively), which tends to be a bit more sober and realistic.

I think SR would be really neat in Linklater's style of "animation". Its a very neat way to both break from reality and yet stay firmly grounded in reality.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/warner_independent_pictures/ascannerdarkly

Too bad it seems to be notoriously slow/needlessly expensive (how many delays has it been?).

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/