On 4/13/06, Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, how is the general consensus of economists a reflection of
> fundamentalism?  Is there an example you can provide of a new theory that
> has been well verified experimentally that has been rejected because it
> conflicts with old theories?

I don't know what you think I was talking about, but it certainly had little
or nothing to do with any consensus of non-ideological economists, who tend
to be among the best critics of our systems.

I was referring to the non-scholarly idea that the market is *the* bottom
line for many issues, that our political-economic system is as good as it
gets, it only needs further adoption and refinement, but no fundamental
changes.

I believe that networks, in the many meanings of that word, are already
demonstrating the incompleteness of economic fundamentalism as it exists in
the western world today.  And I think they'll be its downfall, which may be
slow and relatively invisible, or perhaps cataclysmic.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]