At any rate, you still test out Idealist, and in many ways that's the most important part because it's the central theme of your life.

Pat, INTP but unwilling to make up my mind.... oh, look, a bird! BAD kitties!

http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/

From: Deborah Harrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: brin-l@mccmedia.com
Subject: Myers-Briggs (was:  Blog entry with interesting comment)
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 11:39:57 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, here are a few sites for those curious:
http://www.personalitypathways.com/MBTI_intro.html
http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html

And for the skeptical (I have only skimmed this, as
it's time to head out):
http://skepdic.com/myersb.html

I do have a problem with this site's dismissal of
intuitive thinking; from my observations & experience
in the medical field, a lot of "intuition" (including
my own) is actually based on essentially sub-conscious
integration of observations with prior knowledge.
It's sort of like thinking without realizing it; it
seems almost magical at times because one isn't aware
of the processes ongoing, as they occur so swiftly.
But without a foundation of education, learned
knowledge, and prior experience, 'intuition' is as
likely to be wrong as not.

>From the first site above:
"INFJ: Seek meaning and connection in ideas,
relationships, and material possessions. Want to
understand what motivates people and are insightful
about others. Conscientious and committed to their
firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to
serve the common good. Organized and decisive in
implementing their vision."

Hmm, pretty good except for that last bit - I am *not*
the best-organized person.

"Feeling:
Naturally seek consensus and popular opinions.
Unsettled by conflict; have almost a toxic reaction to
disharmony."

Uh, yep.

OTOH, I'm split between the J and P, which makes me
feel a little better, not desiring to be known as
judgemental...even though in many ways, I am.

"INFP:  Idealistic, loyal to their values and to
people who are important to them. Want an external
life that is congruent with their values. Curious,
quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for
implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to
help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable,
flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened."

Debbi
Still A Skeptical Believer And Pragmatic Idealist Maru
;-)