(from my sister)

Documentary Film on Autism Stuns Internet Viewers
"Autism Every Day"  produced for Autism Speaks.

>From the Autism Speaks  Website:
Autism Every Day is a new  film produced by Lauren
Thierry and Jim Watkins of  October Group and Eric Solomon
of Milestone Video. The  film was screened at
A New Decade for Autism,  http://tinyurl.com/j7qsm , a
fundraising event held May  9, 2006 in New York City, and
subsequently broadcast by  Don Imus on his show on  MSNBC.

http://www.autismspeaks.org/sponsoredevents/autism_every_day.php

Just after the documentary "Autism Every Day" aired on the Don  Imus
show, early Wednesday, May 10, around 7 am eastern, stunned reactions  from
media tracking autism parents began to appear on support discussion  lists on
the internet. First reaction came from Bobbie Manning from A-CHAMP,  who
alerted the other EOHarm list members simply saying, "The best PSA I  have
ever seen. Amazing!!"
Then D., another  list member added "I've just finished crying. I
might jump on the Autism  Speaks bandwagon. . ."  Now this was getting
interesting!
Another parent, an activist added, "To feel the impact of this  is
unlike any other segment I have seen. . . so many examples in such a  short
time. . .so much was covered - behaviors, finances, dreams lost,  worries of
the future...and all from the parents and children living it, not  from
reporters. . .Is there a way we can get a copy of this to present  to
legislators, educators, therapists, etc?" . . .it is a mirror reflecting  our
lives."
"I am a video guy and this is the best I  have ever seen and the
only thing that shows what we as parents are going  though," added parent J.
who had the good fortune of seeing it that day,  too.
>From list member A.: "I was in a puddle of tears  and had real trouble
getting myself together to get the kids off to  school.  I think it's
excessively hard for those of us to watch our  lives in that fashion but
extremely necessary for the rest of the population  to see. . . Shock and awe
may take on a new meaning." Warning other parents  who had not yet seen it,
she said in a later post, "You will probably break  down crying hysterically.
I was not expecting this reaction or I would not  have watched it with my
kids next to me.  My girls came running to hug  their incapacitated mother.
My ASD son somehow realizing it was about him  came to watch a small clip.
Prepare yourself."
By now  the list was abuzz with questions, "when will it air again?",
"will they put  it on a website?"
Bits and pieces about the project  started reaching the list.  Katie
Wright, the daughter of Autism Speaks  Co-founder Bob Wright, was in the film
(and it turns out, a lurking member of  that list).  Another list member,
Michele Iallonardi, announced that her  family too, was a part of the film.
Autism Every Day was striking even closer  to home than the regular members
had imagined.
Not  until Sunday did a parent announce that the documentary was on the
Autism  Speaks  website.

http://www.autismspeaks.org/sponsoredevents/autism_every_day.php

Positive reactions, an understatement, continued to pour  in.
"OMG! . . . This is heart wrenching! I cried my eyes  out. I have
forwarded this to everyone in my e-mailbox. WOW", said  R.
"Unbelievable. Someone has captured autism in 13  minutes. Someone has
shown what autism is all about. I am so grateful. I am  so thankful,"
remarked Lisa Ackerman of TACA, "This is the best mothers day  gift to me
ever. . ."

Note: The SAR invites  readers to send in their comments after viewing
the film.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To join the Evidence of Harm list, see  information listed below. -LS